What if you are not into football

The highlight of the trip for my boys was the match Scotland vs. Croatia. They were thrilled to be there and although the players didn't play as they hoped they would, it was spectacular.



Sanja, Iva and I discussed possible ways of spending the evening without our football fans. Restaurants and pubs were out of question, since they don't let kids in, which came as a huge surprise to my older son, who's used to going to pubs and having a pint of beer occasionally, in spite of the fact that he's under age.

It didn't take us long to decide what to do: shopping without haste in Ikea and the nearby shopping mall, the only place open till ten. It was not busy at all and we indulged ourselves with little somethings.

After it closed, we waited for a bus to take us to the center, but almost missed it because we were on the (il)logical side of the road. Luckily, we got on the right bus that was to take us to the corner of Hope and Sauchiehall, where our guys were supposed to meet us. As soon as we got to Hope Street I asked the driver if that was our stop. It wasn't but he promised to tell me when to get off. Hope Street is an incredibly long street, with bus stops on literally every corner. I was worried, though, that he'd forget all about us, so I annoyed him with the very question at each and every stop. I was such a drag, I know, but the poor driver didn't take it amiss, and in the end we chuckled about it.