Weeks 7 & 8: At the speed of light


I really do my best to write my HHH diary on a weekly basis, but it's been almost  three weeks since my last post because I simply didn't find the time to sit down and write. The things are busy, very busy here, what with the regular classes that I attend, the meetings that I'm invited to, the presentations that I give, the proposals that I write, tons of emails that I  reply to, the eTwinning learning event that I'm right now co-hosting, the potlucks that we organize in my apartment, the talks I attend are just a few of my activities here at Penn State.

Next to all of that, I got to go places over the past two weeks! First, we all went to West Virginia on a team building activity. There I did two of my firsts - roasting marshmallows and horseback riding! Both were amazing!



Then my sons arrived for a visit and we went to Niagara Falls, Atlantic City and Philadelphia. All wonderful trips. We saw a lot of sights and enjoyed it immensely.













Back in State College, my sons and I were among the 2500 Humans of Penn State who got to hear Brandon Stanton, founder of HONY - Humans of New York, give an inspiring speech as part of Distinguished Speaker Series at Penn State.

I  also had a wonderful opportunity to take part in a Q & A session with Bryan Alexander who was visiting Penn State to give a talk as part of COIL Fischer Speaker Series. It was interesting to hear his thoughts on the future of education. And I was delighted to hear that Bryan speaks Croatian, that he has visited Croatia several times and that he thinks Croatian women are beautiful.